Friday, 22 February 2013

moving on

This will hopefully give my samples shadows and highlights, which will also emphasis the different textures that will be created. Having been in the studio this week I have made a start on my yarn selections, I will be using a variation of cottons and wool. I will try and keep this whole project natural so it makes sense to try and use natural yarns too, this will also add a warmth and cosy feeling to the fabrics.

I have started creating some jacquard designs using geometric shapes and hand drawing to create textures, the jacquard is actually threaded to my advantage at this point as the yarn that it is threaded with is a woolen mix and it also has black and white ends on the warm so this will really give my samples the depth and weight I was looking for especially as I have now decided to create fabrics for blankets, throws and cushion.

No comments:

Post a Comment